4.11.2011

Corn on the Cupcakes

In preparation for a few social gatherings I prepared corn on the cob, no dessert, no corn on the cob...

Are you confused? Surprise, they are cupcakes! No joke, these little cobs are all sweet and no savory.

Here is the 411 on how to create your own Sweet BBQ Creation:

Ingredients:
Cake Mix, I used yellow but use whatever you like
White Frosting, Cream Cheese is my fave
Yellow Starburst = Pads of Butter (you could use yellow laffy taffy too)
Poppy Seeds = Pepper
Jelly Belly = Corn Kernels
Corn Skewers
At our local grocery store you can buy Jelly Belly by the color. The only stand alone yellow are popcorn flavored so I bought some other varieties for yellow kernel variation.
 Do what the box says, bake the cupcakes and then line 'em up!
 Add the glue (aka frosting), and then get to work before it hardens.
Line up the kernels and stick in the skewers.
Give the Starburst butter pads a 20 sec microwave zap to soften and sprinkle on the poppy seeds pepper.

 Fresh out of the oven off the grill!

I am linked up






11 comments:

  1. Super Cute! I showed Addison and she said she wants blue cake, not corn cake for her birthday - I tried to explain with zero luck. She did think it was funny, so I guess she gets the cute side of it. So what can you do with a blue theme? We are going to have a birthday party, but on her actual birthday I just wanted o do a couple cute cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, check out the beach cupcakes I made in February. You could just make the big blue waves and put Swedish Fish in the batter. Get creative on top... gum ball beach ball, life saver inner tube, toy boat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I'm inviting you to our next bbq so you can bring the "corn".

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, I do remember those - they were super cute. I am just going to have to cross my fingers that I can be as successful and creative as you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are adorable! great idea. stopping by from tutorial tues. i love jelly bellies too. http://homesandbabies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are sooo cute - perfect for a bbq!! This would be perfect for my Foodie Friday linky party - stop by this week and link up!

    If you have a sec, feel free to pop over now to enter my GIVEAWAY! Entries must be in by tonight and the winner will be announced tomorrow morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing these at the party Nik, they are adorable. I'm officially hungry for a cupcake now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE these cupcakes! And as an Iowa resident, I really appreciate them ;-) Thanks for the cute idea!

    Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute!! and YUMMMMM!!!
    http://itsacowgirlthing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a creative idea for cupcakes...LOVE!

    Please share this with my readers @Creative Juice Thursday ... Hope to see yours among all the amazing projects!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you were featured again superstar, here's the link: http://500dollarwedding.blogspot.com/2011/04/highlights-from-blog-party_23.html

    ReplyDelete