6.14.2011

Business and Baby Don't Mix

I have been itching to move Henry's office (he works from home) from the 2nd floor to the 3rd floor before the baby arrives in July. Before the big move, his office was steps away from the baby's room. This posed a problem for a few reasons. First, I don't want Henry's productivity to go down (just looking out for the family). Second, I don't want our babysitter to feel like Henry is looking over her shoulder or worse she might be to embarrassed to sing lullaby's to the baby and Henry.


So, Henry did all the heavy lifting and I cutified his new and improved office space. Note: His previous office was a dumping ground for furniture, tools, bedding, shelving, books, rugs and all other items that didn't have a permanent home. 


The place in our house where the Economics happen:




Before
If this were my office, I would have chosen a different color for the walls, but oop, it's not my office.
After
 Before
After
Seriously, the telescope is for bird watching, we swear!
 Before
After
 Before
Take note of the shade less light
Afters
I had a lamp shade laying around that I spray glued and covered with the same fabric that I made the roman shade with back in our condo days. After it dried I hung it from the ceiling with fish line. Totally free fix!
and this is where the magic happens


3 comments:

  1. I'm hiring Nikki to pimp my bachelor pad in Santa Monica. Nice work!

    -J5

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! Looks awesosme!

    ReplyDelete