7.07.2011

Lazy Hanging Doesn't Pay

One of the first projects I tackled when we moved into our house in December was hanging a wall of frames from Ikea in our living room. 
Lookin' good, huh? Well, what I didn't tell you is that I didn't mess with the hardware that Ikea includes with each frame. There was wire and clips and it looked all too complicated for this girl. So, I just hang the lip of the frame from the nail, easy cheesy.


Six months later it turns out that this shortcut was not such a good idea. Due to the weight of the frames they started to gap on top.
It was not easy capturing the magnitude of the problem by photo. As you can kind of see, you should not see the edge of the mat underneath the frame. Now imagine laying around watching TV and being able to see all 8 mat edges peaking through. What's worse, I caused the problem due to my laziness in the first place.


So, I did what any pregnant control freak would do...I recruited Henry to help me fix it:)


We bought some new hardware for the job...
Henry measured and I cut the wire...
The pics are all back where they belong- gap free!



1 comment:

  1. Try those 3M Command Strips. I'm assuming you have plaster like we do, and if you do, those suckers will change your life.

    ReplyDelete