9.20.2011

Dressing the Bedroom Windows, Part II

One of the great upgrades that the previous owners did to this house was fitting all the windows with custom shades that keep heat out in the summer and cold out in the winter. Practical, but not super pretty. So, I wanted to find a way to gussy up the windows without removing the oh so practical shades...Faux Roman Blinds!
You can see the custom shades here and a small area where we Henry removed the trim so the new faux roman blinds tension rods would fit.
I hemmed the material to fit inside the window and created a pocket for a tension rod on top.
Then I created the layers by folding the material to my liking and pinning each layer up in the back.
 Here is the finished look.

Sure, they are just for looks, but we are all about looks in this house. Check out Dressing the Bedroom Windows, Part I.
By the way, I bought some new  full length curtain material that I think we will all agree on.  So exciting! Stay tuned for Dressing the Bedroom Windows, Part III.


I am linked to...


Tip Junkie handmade projects

3 comments:

  1. Would LOVE it if you would link this up at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/10/turquoise-lovin-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad! Where did you get the fabric from? When it comes to window curtains, it's often a good move to make some of your own. Since you get to customize the fabric, it becomes easier to adapt to the style of the room, making the whole place look very fab.

    ReplyDelete