9.07.2011

Please Sir, I Want S'more!

If only Oliver Twist could have got his little hands on one of my S'more desserts. Unfortunately, these sweet treats were headed to a g-friends Birthday Potluck. Maybe next time Oliver.

Who needs a bonfire to enjoy a s'more?
I was hunting down some clever dessert ideas on the World Wide Web and there are certainly some clever ideas, but many too too complicated for this faker baker. So, I found an idea I liked and improvised.

Here it is...everything you need to create s'mores in a jar...
Crush a package of grahams...
Mix the grahams with a couple tablespoons butter and pack into the bottom of jam jars, use the end of a kitchen tool to pack it down. Mix the batter as the box directs and pour evenly into 8 8oz jars.
Put the jars in a cake pan with about an inch of water in the bottom. Why? I am not sure, but I think it's so the jars don't break from the heat. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean. It will take a while since the brownie is so thick, mine took about an hour.
 Stuff the mallows on top. Just stuff 'em in.
Put jars back in the oven until mallows are melted. Keep an eye on them, this step only took a few minutes. Even better, I would advise you to broil them for a genuine roasted mallow top...our broil function doesn't work:( so I threw on some mini choco chips for extra cute factor.
Screw on the tops and head to the party. Who wants S'more?

No comments:

Post a Comment