7.17.2012

Table for Tui

If you haven't met Oscar's friend Tui yet, you can catch a glimpse of him here and here, and here are the boys in their lederhosen. Yes, you read that right. There will come a day when we will no longer be allowed to dress them up. So, until that day...Oompah!
Tui turned one three weeks before Oscar and in true Mrs. Lovely form, I wanted to make him something special. Which means I recruited Mr. Lovely to get involved.
I found some plans for a child's play table on ana-white.com. Caption for the above photo: I should have read the plans first!
While Henry was problem solving the table construction. I sanded, stained and painted Tui's new chairs.
After Henry successfully put the table together...
 I got busy filling the holes...
 and painting...
 and taping and staining and creating a chalk board roadway...
 so we could deliver Tui his new Play Table!
 With a plexiglass top! Keeping it tidy for Tui's Mama.


It won't be long before these boys are sitting around with their matching nooks- finger painting and playing checkers!
I am going to take you on a speedy walk down memory lane, promise it will be fast, I am just feeling so nostalgic...

Tui welcoming Oscar into the world...
Snuggling on the beach last summer...
Playing at the beach this summer...
Ahhh, make it stop! We feel so fortunate to watch these boys grow up together!

2 comments:

  1. Bravo, Nikki and Henry! This is the neatest little table I've seen. You can just tell it was made with love. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop looking at this! It brings tears to my eyes every time. Nikki, Henry, Oscar and Stella-we love you so much and this table is very special to us. We shall think of you every time we use it...which will be often! You have enriched our life so much I can't even tell you. Cheers! Gina, Tui and Chuba

    ReplyDelete