12.05.2012

It's all in the Fabric & Paint

I recently wrote this post to prep myself for curtain sewing and curtain sewing I did.
The fabric is St. Charles Bouquet and I followed this tutorial from Miss Mustard Seed's Blog for the floor length curtains. I just recovered my Styrofoam cornice boards to match. Here is what they look like without fabric pinned on them.
I wrap the Styrofoam like presents and secure it with pins. The wood blocks are so the Styrofoam sits on top of the window molding at the correct height. The plaid fabric wedged under the wood block is from the first time around. I also stick a little piece of poster putty under the wood block to keep it snug on the window frame.
Here is a before picture of the room. This is a serious before and after moment for me.
I love how this room has evolved.





It's all in the paint and the fabric...and the accessories and my super cute custom table. I just love it. If I could marry a room, I would marry this room. Well, this room with different light fixtures (wink wink).

6 comments:

  1. I am absolutely amazed at how terrific the stuff is on this site. I have saved this webpage and I truly intend on visiting the site in the upcoming days. Keep up the excellent work!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cornices and plan to do this myself. Quick question - how did you attach the wood block to the styrofoam and then attach the whole cornice to the window frame - or is it just resting on the top of the window frame with poster putty attached?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, We have molding around our windows, so the wood block is sitting on the window frame with a little help from poster putty.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maizah Zaafirah MikhailMay 14, 2020 at 10:47 PM

    I really appreciate your effort for this work. As by profession i am home decor so this article really helped me once again thanks for sharing. The green curtains which you have shown in picture is really cool i found exact that stuff on Best curtains in Dubai please checkout red and white curtains and also add them into your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our aim to provide safe environment and for that we have brought you the best self-defense product where people with less to no defensive skill can defend themselves without causing any permanent harm to the attacker.

    Contact No: 03145450203
    Visit Us: www.streetgearisb.com

    ReplyDelete